Algominr not running on Windows 7

Develop trading strategies with ease Forums General Discussion Algominr not running on Windows 7

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  faustotex 3 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

faustotex
    Participant

My two attempts to install under Windows 7 Ultimate 32- and 64-bit failed as follows:

(a) the algominrMT4 EA installed OK, with MT4 reporting ‘loaded successfully’ followed by ‘initialized’ in both cases. However, on Win 7 Ultimate 32-bit MT4 also reported ‘cannot set millisecond timer (300)’;

(b) When attempting to execute algominr.exe on Win 7 Ultimate 32-bit I was informed ‘… software version not compatible with Windows version …’;

(c) On Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit, which runs as a XenServer Virtual Machine, algominr.exe did not run and left three “WER????.tmp” files on my personal profile’s /temp folder;

Could you kindly comment and recommend OS and machine types please. I have subscribed in case you prefer to email me. Thank you and my encouragements for your work.

admin
    Keymaster

Hm, that looks like a bad case. The problem at the moment is, that I use PyInstaller to not have to distribute Python to everyone. But it might be better to use nuitka to comiple to C and create a real executable…

Anyways, long story short: I can’t help you with the above systems.
    Your best bet is a Win7 64-bit (it’s very possible a Virtual Machine won’t do).
    The millisecond timer was introduced to MT4 with a higher version, maybe update your MT4?

Let me know how it goes.
    Best

faustotex
    Participant

Thank you for the feedback. I’ll look for a physical machine with Win 7 64-bit and report back how it goes. I am keen to play around with Algominr.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.