Algominr Learning Price Patterns for Trading

Develop trading strategies with ease Forums General Discussion Algominr Learning Price Patterns for Trading

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  abi 3 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

abi
    Participant

Can Algominr learn very precise price patterns I use for entrys, to the point where it is capable of learning them precisely. Meaning I know the exact patterns I have in mind that I want to show Algominr to learn exactly.

If so How would I proceed. Thanks Much!

abi
    Participant

I should add that the purpose of learning the patterns is to expand on it further with algominr learning the entrys, exits, stops, trailing stops, partial and full exits. Can Algominr do this also once the price patterns are learned. Thanks Much!

admin
    Keymaster

Hi Abi

sorry for the late response, I was quite busy.

So you mean that you would define a pattern like:
    Candle Up, Candle Up, Candle Down -> Buy (or your own system)?

Algominr could then set entries+exits…

Is that what you mean? I can add a system like that to the next release.

abi
    Participant

Hello. I can imagine you are a busy man! Thanks for the reply.

I trade by bar charts, so I am unfamiliar with candles.

Patterns for example: 1st higher lows in a down trend or 1st lower highs in a uptrend. Or creeping trends occurring which is where the counter trends pull back into the previous counter trend area, which than will follow a strong trend. These for example would be entry points.

Having said this. I have all the patterns for entry’s, all price levels for entry’s and exits, all lot sizes or position sizes for each trade. Everything prefigured out by myself for a trading system I have created. And than I would be looking for Algominr to learn “all this” by sample trades(entry’s, exits, lot sizes, etc.) I can place either in mt4 or in Algominr, and than Algominr creates a way to automate my trading system he has learned from my sample trades,etc.

Thanks! Hope this makes sense.

admin
    Keymaster

Ah yes. This makes complete sense.

Trade system replication is on the todo list – but it was planned for a bit later. Maybe I can do something much sooner. I’ll see what I can do.

abi
    Participant

Understand! I saw some other Neural software have this where it learned ones system. Thanks for your input!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.